P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index P31 Discussion Boards
Bulletin boards on subjects related to the Pearson 31

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alternator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Engine, Transmission and Fuel System
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anchor Management

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Alternator Reply with quote

My alternator is dead... I went to a local Yanmar dealer and was quoted $880.30 plus shipping and taxes for a new one. That seems ridiculous to me. He suggested I send it off to get rebuilt but it would take a week or so and he couldn't quote me a price until the people that actually rebuild them received the alternator. This doesn't put me in a very good situation if they come back with high price, so I told him I would think about it.

I am looking for alternatives. Does anybody have any experience with replacing or rebuilding an alternator?

Thanks in advance.
Hull #42
billC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: rebuilding alternators Reply with quote

rebuilding alternators is a very common job. I would try it first. Check with a reputable garage and ask them who they recommend. We have an outstanding place here in Wisconsin.

Bill C "Talaria"
P31-II #268
Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Engine, Transmission and Fuel System All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: