P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index P31 Discussion Boards
Bulletin boards on subjects related to the Pearson 31

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running Light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p31sailor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Running Light Reply with quote

Anyone know what bulb the running light uses. Mine is burnt out and I'd rather take one trip up to fix it than two.

Jim
Andiamo P31 244
tjsava

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim-

You've probably done this job by now, but I thought I'd reply for the next person who needs to replace the bulb. The steaming light on my Pearson Mk II #264 s a Perko Model # 1331DP0CHR that takes the bulb 0071DP0CLR. I needed both a medium-sized phillips head screwdriver to remove the light from the mast, and a smaller phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws that hold the lens assembly together so you can get access to the bulb. After 15 or so years, the lens was quite cloudy, so I replaced the lens as well.

On my light, the lower screw that holds the light to the mast was frozen, but I was able to replace the bulb by removing just the top screw and twisting the light to allow removal of the lens.

-Tom
p31sailor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Running Light Reply with quote

Tom,

I did take a trip up the mast and fixed the running light. Your part numbers are exactly what I have on my 1990 P31. Thanks for posting them for the next guy.

Jim
P31 Andiamo #244
Bellingham, Wa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: