P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index P31 Discussion Boards
Bulletin boards on subjects related to the Pearson 31

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shower Pump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Head, Septic System and Bilge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tgbowers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Shower Pump Reply with quote

Sad When I purchased my 1987 P31 II, my shower bilge pump would run, but would not pump water from the shower floor. I replaced the pump, but it still will not pump out water in the floor. Is there a Y value or something I must change to allow the shower pump to do it's job?
Anchor Management

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an 1987 also and am heading down to the boat tonight. I will take a look but if my memory serves me correctly....
I think there is a Y valve located on the starborad side forward of the water tank that must be open.
I will follow up tomorrow. I will also try to take a digital picture, not sure how to post it but maybe I can just email to you???
Hull #42
Anchor Management

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Shower Pump Reply with quote

I didn't make it down to the boat until this evening. I took some pictures but don't know how to attach them, if you want I can email you directly.

I bought the boat about a month ago so I am not sure if this is stock or some sort of retrofit???
The drain goes from the sole of the head down and aft. The line goes into the storage area in front of the starboard water tank. From there it goes to a valve that is marked "shower pan" on one side and "bilge pump" on the other side. I can't get the valve to turn, it is on shower pan now and I have a seperate bilge pump.
The outlet portion of the valve goes to the pump and then it goes to the "sump pump" through hull.

Hope this helps???
[/img]
Hull #42
tgbowers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx. My drain appears to go from the sole of the head aft to the storage area in front of the starboard water tank, throught the pump, then forward into the head under the sink. I will be down at my boat this weekend and plan to completely trace out the entire system.

Thx
paradigm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 1988 P31 the shower drain leads to the pump in the thru hull valve compartment and then back into the haed up behind the cabinet aft where if you remove the pannel you will find two vented loops one for head waste and one for shower. From there the line gos down and back to the valve compartment and out the thru hull valve.
jackdunham

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shower sump on my 1987 p31-11 clogged as yours did, cleaned the pump, no help. Put a garden hose into the sump and blew out, problem solved. Bought a sink strainer, flat type with the two tabs on the bottom, sewed nylon screen material over the strainer, two years now without a problem even with a wife with long hair. Should mention the sump as installed orginally was an open hole without a strainer.
jack dunham
tgbowers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack,

Thanks for the response. So, you put the garden hose in the drain of the shower, turned the pump on, then forced water into the drain system? Does that make sense???

Grady Bowers
jackdunham

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grady: Should have been more clear, I disconnected the drain hose from the pump and blew out so as not to clog the pump with hair. Somewhat of a mess as I spilled the catch bucket ,but a lot of junk came out. Also when I installed the drain screen I used silicone caulking around the edge to hold in place. This really does work, as I mentioned two years with no problem, previously I was cleaning the pump twice a season at least.

Jack
tgbowers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That got it. Thanks for the help!!! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Head, Septic System and Bilge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: