P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index P31 Discussion Boards
Bulletin boards on subjects related to the Pearson 31

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holding Tank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Head, Septic System and Bilge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anchor Management

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Holding Tank Reply with quote

We recently purchased our P31 II, it is hull 42 built in 1987. We are having problems with our holding tank, it is listed as an 18 gallon tank but we just have a small bladder and it is leaking. I am guessing a previous owner replaced the original one at some point.

I want to go back to what should be there. I have looked at the Kraco & Ocean Link sites to find one that will fit. I am leaning towards the Kraco model 4073, it is an 18 gallon tank.

Can anybody tell me who made the original tank? If you have taken on a similar project I would also appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Steve Schlosser
1987 Pearson 31 II, #42
Anchor Management
Hull #42
Paul Stockmann

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Waste and water tanks Reply with quote

Kracor Made the original Tanks and still have the molds. I replaced my holding tank a few years ago ( Perfect Fit ) It cost About 250.00 do to the one pc. setup. There # 1 800 255 6335 Very Happy

Hope that helps
Paul Stockmann
Odyssey P31-2 # 67
Anchor Management

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Kracor on Tuesday to ask about replacing my tank and they didn't know which one I should order or that they were the manufacturers of the original tank.

Do you know what model number you bought or are you stating that they actually "built" the tank from the mold? Any idea who you spoke with???
I was looking at model #4073 and was quoted $384.
Hull #42
Paul Stockmann

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

give me a few days and I will dig up the paperwork. Paul
Anchor Management

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Hull #42
Paul Stockmann

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just cleaning my office And I located a print from Kracor when I ordered the new holding tank. Mold # 5159 24Gal. Model# 2-6790
TRichards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Tank Replacement Reply with quote

I'm in the process of replacing my original Kracor 2-6790 24# tank. It is cracked around the vent fitting and leaks when full. The manufacturer can't be criticized for truthful labelling (they are kracors after all). Wall thickness is 1/4", which is less than some other tanks but I have not found any other tanks with thicker walls that would fit without losing a lot of capacity. I am waiting for pricing from Kracor and will probably go with the original. Note that the Kracor 2-70824B would also fit in the space (both models are based on the same mold, the only difference is the placement of the fittings - probably just the clean out so it is positioned below the cutout in the vee berth).
s/v 'Cecilia', P31-2 #231
TRichards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Tank Replacement Reply with quote

Just got the quote for 2-6790 Kracor, they are asking 426.13 not including shipping. Ouch.
Paul Stockmann

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Tank Replacement Reply with quote

TRichards wrote:
Just got the quote for 2-6790 Kracor, they are asking 426.13 not including shipping. Ouch.

When I placed the order 3 years ago. I found ordering it thru Boats US saved me about 30%. You can figure Kracor is charging you list price.

Good luck, Paul

Odyssey
TRichards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Tank Replacement Reply with quote

Paul, Thanks - I have contacted Boat US and Sailnet and we'll see what they come up with. I looked at Oceanlink and they have an 18 gallon tank that has very similiar measurements and is $212, plus it has 3/8" walls instead of 1/4" so it's less likely to crack. http://www.oceanlinkinc.com/tanks/btanksrch.asp
it's the OLT-972. I'll have to check my available dimensions and make sure it fits but the overal dimensions are very close.
TRichards

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Tank Replacement Reply with quote

OK, I can vouch for the fit on the tank from Ocean Link OLT972, fits perfectly. The pumpout now comes straight out of the front of the tank, but the vent and intake are in the same basic areas as the original Kracor tank. I did not get a cleanout port but could have specified exactly where it went if I had wanted one. I am very impressed with the heft of this tank and it cost me $289 assembled and delivered.
pwstilletto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered the original 24 gallon Kracor tank from Lewis Marine in Florida. If you can afford to wait up to 3 months Lewis Marine will cover the $200 set up charge and place a group order. They are an authorized dealer for Kracor. I paid $212.00+ship and should receive the tank in January 06.

You will have to replace the PVC fittings as the tank is provided with straight, the P31-II requires 90 deg elbow ($10).

Lewis Marine Supply Inc - (954) 523-4371 - 220 SW 32nd St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
SummerWind P31-II Hull #114
Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Head, Septic System and Bilge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: