P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index P31 Discussion Boards
Bulletin boards on subjects related to the Pearson 31

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P31-2 reefing problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Deck, Spars and Rigging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackdunham

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: P31-2 reefing problems Reply with quote

The internal boom blocks & lines are continually twisting and fouling inside the boom, reefs are at times almost impossible to get out. I spoke with Riggers World and they recommended torque free line such as Amsteel Dyneema, has anyone found another solution to this problem. I believe this problem is endemic to P-31- 2's, probaly a poor initial design.
MikeRPSU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reefing Problems Reply with quote

I too had one heck of time with the reefing system. I accidentially pulled one of the reefing lines back thru the boom and had to restring it. Then hand a difficult time reefing because of the twisted blocks inside the boom.

I ended up pulling the lines completely out and restrung them with a electricians fish tape. I am on my second season without any problems. But you need to be very patient. Reference the documentation in the Pearson 31 manual and you will see how they are 'strung'. It's worth the effort.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Deck, Spars and Rigging All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: