P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index P31 Discussion Boards
Bulletin boards on subjects related to the Pearson 31

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New 1979 P-31 Owner

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boomer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: New 1979 P-31 Owner Reply with quote

I just purchased a 1979 P-31. Needs some TLC, but in fair shape. the Atomic four doesn't run. PO says something with intake manilfold and water. Should be easy for this mechanic to figure out. Sails recently gone thru. Needs stove, so if you know a source please let me know.

I am told the rudder post seal leaks when submerged...i.e. lots of weight in aft part of cockpit. Anyone ever do this job? Easy or hard?

I also want to get a spinnaker pole and spinnaker. The PO didn't get them when he bought her.

She is in a slip at Old Point Comfort Marina, Ft Monroe Va. Near Hampton.

Wife loves her, looking forward to many sailing days!

Brian Muller
Boomer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Correction Reply with quote

I have to correct myself...My new gal is a 1978, Hull number 78.

Brian Muller
Andiamo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: 1978 P 31 Reply with quote

Hi Boomer, I have the same model, and have done some work on the rudder post. Do you have a wheel or tiller? I had a tiller and did a wheel replacment. The rudder is very dry, but I did do some work on the skeg plate. Any leaks into the rudder may come from there.
I can explain how this was done if needed. I hope you enjpy the boat, it's fast for it's size and is reasonably comfortable cruising with two couples.
Boomer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: correction Reply with quote

Oops, Now that that I know how to read the Pearson hull numbers, I must correct myself. My hull number is 52.

Andiamo, All I know about the rudder post leak is the PO (previous owner) told me with many people in the cockpit the rudderr post leaked.

Boomer
Boomer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: I have questions on many things and would like pictures Reply with quote

Hi all, Boomer here. I need close up pictures of a few things. Like I said much TLC needed the PO was not mechanically inclined.

1. I need a picture of the the lazy jacks proper rigging. Especially where the line crosses under (?) the the aft part of the boom.

If someone has the time I would like to talk on the phone.

Walter Levendosky, if you read these posts i would like to come up and look over your boat. I am just down in Poquoson.

Boomer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: