P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index P31 Discussion Boards
Bulletin boards on subjects related to the Pearson 31

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anchor Light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjsava

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Anchor Light Reply with quote

I am thinking about replacing my anchor light bulb with an LED replacement bulb. Does anyone know what anchor light fixture is on top of the mast? I'd like to save myself a trip just to figure out what bulb I need.

Thanks,

Tom
dmurraymaine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a new led fixture in last spring. Had to replace the fixture anyway since the lens fell off the old one. Easy for me. the mast comes out every fall. I think the bulb had a bayonet base, but I'm not 100% sure.
Sorry I can't be more help.
ddoles

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced mine several years ago when the mast was down. If my memory is correct it is an Aqua Signal Series 25 like the other navigation lights on the boat. I hope that helps.

Dave
p31sailor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: LED Anchor lights Reply with quote

The anchor light on my 1990 P31 is an Aqua Signal 25.

I just completed replacing my bow and stern lights with LED replacements from Doctorled.com.

I bought one bi-color polar star 25 for the Aqua signal 25 bow light and one white festoon star 25 for the aqua signal stern light on my P31. I believe the festoon star 25 will also work to replace the anchor light.

Before replacing the bulbs I measured the current draw with a fluke multimeter and found that the bow light was .85 amps and the stern light draw was .87 amps. They had the same bulb, so assumed that the difference was due to voltage drop.

After replacement of both bulbs with LEDs, current draw was .12 amps for the bi-color bow light and .09 amps for the stern light. Huge difference. Only change was to swap the polarity in the bow fixture to get the red and green lights on the correct side of the fixture. The white festoon LED can be be inserted either way so polarity shouldn't matter to it.

Both bulbs are rated to 2nm, which is better than the old bulbs and both were considerably brighter, even in daylight. The LED replacements are sealed in polycarbonate so should hold up well even if they get wet.

The LED replacements were pretty expensive, $49.95 a piece, but with the drop in current and better visibility, I consider them a bargain.

My next project is to replace the Perko steaming light with an Aqua signal fixture and white LED replacement. Because of the small size of the existing Perko fixture, they don't make a LED replacement bulb. Next time the mast is down, or I go up, I'll replace the anchor light bulb.

Am also in the process of replacing cabin lights with LED replacements. Over the cruising season it should save a bunch of energy better suited to keeping my beer cold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: