P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index P31 Discussion Boards
Bulletin boards on subjects related to the Pearson 31

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

yanmar engine fuse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Engine, Transmission and Fuel System
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackdunham

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: yanmar engine fuse Reply with quote

The yanmar wiring diagram shows a 30amp fuse between the battery and the starting switch, any help with the fuse location on a 1987 PII. Also the hose from the sea water strainer to the raw water pump and the pre-formed exit hose from the pump cross and are in contact. Caused a major problem underway, if you have the same situation I have a solution.
billC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Yanmar fuse and sea water hose Reply with quote

I have a 1991 P31-II. The large fuse is located next to the battery switch under the starboard bunk aft of the icebox.

My sea water hose from the strainer to the pump had a serious bend in it at the pump. I added a 90 degree elbow at the pump and the hose now clears everything plus it has no sharp bends.

Bill C 'Talaria'
P31-II #268
p31sailor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just spent some time upgrading the electrical system in my 1990 P-31 so I got intimately familiar with the wiring. The fuse in the battery compartment is for the DC breaker panel. It is a 50 amp fuse. The engine panel fuse is located behind the starter solenoid, in the engine wiring harness, in an inline fuse holder. To make it easier to access, I lengthened the wires and mounted it on the port side of the engine compartment.

Jim
P31-II Andiamo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Engine, Transmission and Fuel System All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: