P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index P31 Discussion Boards
Bulletin boards on subjects related to the Pearson 31

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Folding Prop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Engine, Transmission and Fuel System
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anchor Management

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Folding Prop Reply with quote

I am looking at putting a folding prop on my boat and was wondering about other peoples experience with this. Who do you recommend? What size did you get?

steve@schlosser.com
Hull #42
ddoles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought my used P-31 II it had a feathering (not folding) two blade MaxProp on it, and a feathering three blade MaxProp as a spare. After discussions with PYI, makers of MaxProp, I installed the three blade. The installation wasn't too difficult and it works great in forward and reverse. Its hard to say if I see a big advantage vs a fixed prop, but since it came with the boat I'm using it and it works fine. By the way, the people at PYI were great to deal with and I would highly recommend them from a customer support standpoint.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    P31 Discussion Boards Forum Index -> Engine, Transmission and Fuel System All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: